i need some advice please

ok so heres the short version of the story..i have an 18 year old ss. shes pregnant and due next month. i have never met her because she lives with her dad in another state and i just got in contact with her in december. her mom (my step mom for the past 14 years) had lost contact with her when she was really young. my sister and i were talking alot at first and we starting to form as much of a bond as you can through the internet. she even calls me sis and tells me she loves me. issues between her and her mom (which are being dealt with) are their problems and have nothing to do with me. so it was going great. now all of a sudden, she's not responding to my emails and when she does its really short and doesnt seem like shes interested. im hoping that maybe shes busy with school (shes a senior) and maybe a little hormonal since shes in her last month....continued

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• but i dont know what to do. i have waited my whole life to be able to find her and contact her. i dont want to push her. do i keep trying or back off? what do you think? no bashing please
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• if she means a lot to you, i would say keep trying for a bit.... maybe she is busy... ask her why she is being distant...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would just ask her if she is OK. Ask if you did something to upset her, and explain that you think she just might be overwhelmed with pregnancy and school, but you just want to make sure everything is OK with the two of you.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Id write her one more email and put how you feel in it and ask if there is an issue between you two that you are unaware of because if there is you'd like to know so it can be sorted out,etc.

If she doesnt respond, then its on her.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree with bonesdragondew
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2009