When it comes to your husband/boyfriend and other women where is the line drawn?

Is it okay for him to have women friends?
What about a "work spouse"?
Is it okay for him to text or email back and forth w/ another woman?
What if the emails or texts were raunchy or sexual?
Is it okay for him to go out to lunch or dinner w/ another woman?
What about being with her alone at her home or your home?
Would your answer to any of these questions change if he hid his contact w/ the other woman from you?
Do you only consider it cheating if he has a physical relationship with her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes he can have women friends, yes he can e-mail or text back and forth with his female friends. Yes he can go to lunch with his friends. Yes he can be at OUR house alone with a friend.
    No to the rest.

And cheating is cheating whether it is physical or emotional. My SO tried to pull that crap on me once, about how he comes home to me every night, blah blah blah, but the emotional relationship he still had with his ex was cheating, through and through.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Is it okay for him to have women friends? NO

What about a "work spouse"? NO!

Is it okay for him to text or email back and forth w/ another woman? DURING WORK HOURS

What if the emails or texts were raunchy or sexual? I'D PUT AN END TO IT MYSELF!

Is it okay for him to go out to lunch or dinner w/ another woman? WORK RELATED DURING WORK HOURS

What about being with her alone at her home or your home? WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!

Would your answer to any of these questions change if he hid his contact w/ the other woman from you? NO. I'D FIND OUT SOON ENOUGH!

Do you only consider it cheating if he has a physical relationship with her? NO

My husband is 46, I'm 40. We had PLENTY of time in our 20's and 30's to "sew those wild oats." When we got married, we GLADLY put all of that drama behind us. Neither one of us would tolerate such disrespect from the other. We're fully trusting of one
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• He can't do any of those things. He's the first to say that a man and a woman can't be friends, at some point one will want more then just friendship. He won't be alone with another woman if he can help it, not even my sisters. Cheating, that can be emotional or physical. I don't know which one hurts worse.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Me & my husband are very old fashioned on this one. We even consider emotional attachment to the oppostie sex as cheating. Emotional attachment meaning a personal friendship where you discuss things you wouldnt tell each other.
    Anonymous

• I should also say that none of that would happen with me and another man, either.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• -Is it okay for him to have women friends? an aquaintence at work is fine, but nothing more
    -What about a "work spouse"? NO
    -Is it okay for him to text or email back and forth w/ another woman? Not at all
    -What if the emails or texts were raunchy or sexual? He'd be in deep trouble.
    -Is it okay for him to go out to lunch or dinner w/ another woman? If it's a business meeting and other people are going to be there, that is fine, 1 on 1, no way.
    -What about being with her alone at her home or your home? NO
    -Would your answer to any of these questions change if he hid his contact w/ the other woman from you? NO
    -Do you only consider it cheating if he has a physical relationship with her? NO, you can emotionally cheat too.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• looks to me like ALOT of women dont trust their husbands. My husband has female friends, he talks to women all the time, If he wants to go to lunch with one of his friends, he can. Im not jealous, and niether is he. We are both adults, and we know that you can hang out with someone of the oppisite sex and not cheat. We trust eachother fully and completely. We respect eachother and our relationship.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• What she said ^^^^^^^^^^^

Is it okay for him to have women friends? Of course just as it is ok for me to have male friends.
    What about a "work spouse"? What the hell is a work spouse?
    Is it okay for him to text or email back and forth w/ another woman? Yes, why not? They're friends.
    What if the emails or texts were raunchy or sexual? Depends on the reason.
    Is it okay for him to go out to lunch or dinner w/ another woman? Yes
    What about being with her alone at her home or your home? Depends on who it is. Most of his friends are our friends so sure.
    Would your answer to any of these questions change if he hid his contact w/ the other woman from you? If he tried to hide it, yes. If he just didn't tell me, no.
    Do you only consider it cheating if he has a physical relationship with her? Yes. It's not cheating until it gets physical.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• If you can emotionally cheat then every time a woman bares her soul to one of her female "friends" she is cheating. Every time a woman posts something on here that she doesn't want her man to see she is cheating. Ridiculous isn't it.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• 1. yes
    2.yes as a higher up definitely
    3.Yes
    4.No she wouldn't
    5,yes
    6.yes if he tried to hide it.
    7.hell yeah
    what's up with emotional affairs? Its all bs to a diversion, pastime. They love their women..Wake up with thie emotional nonsense....
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009