Have you heard of or tried using dandruff shampoo for cradle cap?

At my son's 2 month check up his Dr said to use dandruff shampoo for his cradle cap. He doesn't even have it that bad. I found this odd because she was the same Dr for my older son when he was a baby and she never told me to do this for him. He had much worse cradle cap.
If you tried it did it work? Was it worth it? I am afraid of it hurting my baby's eyes if it gets in them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't just for the reason you mentioned.

I used baby shampoo and a soft baby hair brush...small circles all over the scalp, kind of like a soft scrub brush. I had one son with horrible cradle cap and it was gone in just two baths!

I don't know...worked for us...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I used it and it did work. My son had it pretty bad so was willing to try anything. I just made sure it didn't get in his eyes.
    Melissa6280

Answer by Melissa6280 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have heard of using it when other things like oil aren't working. I've never used it myself though, my son didn't have it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2009