advice please

My period was due sunday the 22nd...it never came. On monday i had my wisdom teeth out (which by the way sucks!!) They gave me general anesthesia and penicillin, ibuprofen and percocet to take for pain along with a steroid pack for swelling. I took 1.5 percocet a few ibuprofen and 3 steroids because i hate putting that crap in my body. Anyhow, its thursday and i still dont have my period and i cant help but freak out. I swore last month i was pg but i got my period on time and my good friend seems to think its from having my teeth out messing with my system and thats why im late but i just wanted some opinions. I took a HPT last night and it was neg (b/c i couldnt wait till this AM lol) im not scared about if i could be pg im scared that i have been on so many meds if i am it can/could hurt the baby??? Any advice is welcome...please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• he meds will be fine . i would keep taking th e antibiotics tho those are needed . you could be pregnnat yes , but also i remember having my teeth oulled all 4 wisdom teeth and it was stressful not on my body but mentally , maybe that could be what is holding up your period. you said you were going to test again in the morning . that is a good idea . if it still says neg wait a day or two because IF you are pregnant then it take about 48 hours for your HcG to double . i know with home tests it didnt show positive for me til i was 6 weeks . good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• op here: does anyone think i should call my doc or just stick with the waiting game. when i got pregnant with dd i was 4 days late it was 11:30 at night when i took the test and by the time i wiped it said positive?
    Anonymous

• i think u should wait it out till the first of april- that way if u aren't ull be sure the test is accurate and as for the meds- i was preggo when i got my wisdom teeth pulled and everything turned out fine- so dont worry- but good luck i hope u get the result u want!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You could probably take a test tomorrow morning and get an accurate result. If you are that worried, maybe you should call your doctor. As for the meds, everything should be just fine =] Good luck!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• First off I would avoid any of those meds if you can tolerate the pain without them. They are very dangerous to a baby. Second I would suggest taking another test tomorrow morning as soon as you wake up to be sure.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2009