Why America? What is it that you don't get? (I am being absolutely serious, not trying to bash)

Don't know why this got locked ... I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat; I despise both Bush and Obama. Secondly,what don't you understand about the Constitution and the role of government? Whenever I see a post talking about the government regulating some other aspect of our lives, I want to scream. The Constitutional role of government is so limited, and yet We the People (who are supposed to be governing ourselves), are willing relinquish our responsibilities to a government who has only proven to screw things up time and time again. So what's the deal? Have you not read the Constitution? Do you really not care what kind of laws Congress is passing? Do you really think the government has yours and your family's best interest in mind. Please share with me, because there are so many who causing me to think that the American Spirit is dead! And if our Spirit is dead, then liberty is most assuredly dead as well.

Eilish

Asked by Eilish at 6:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My last question got locked; don't understand why .. anyway ... let's try this again.

Eilish

Answer by Eilish at 6:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It got locked because you chose a best answer. Once you choose best answer the question is closed.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think..
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Ah-hah .... I didn't know that ... I am pretty new to this section.
    Eilish

Answer by Eilish at 6:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yep Eilish - that's exactly why - once you pick a best answer it closes the question =)
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Most citizens are not very smart or educated. People listen a lot to propaganda and don't do their own research. All governments are corrupt though. How about our judicial system? Don't get me started.
    Anonymous

• I have the same question you have, this is not about republican or democrat. We all know Bush had big government and Obama has even bigger. I think there are a lot of Americans that just don't realize the impact of what the government is trying to do and if they succeed how much of America will be changed. The American Dream will be something of the past.

I also feel that we live in a society where hard work is not recognized anymore with our youth, even the young adults now. Parents have made life so easy for there children for the last 20 yrs that there is a generation here now and coming forth that don't know what hard work is, so when the government comes in and takes over what the parent has been doing all along they see nothing wrong with it, they want someone to hold there hand. It is crazy to me. I have always been weary of the government and there social programs.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 6:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree with the OP
    We need a permanent revolution.
    We need to overhaul the system under which we are governed.
    We need to make more demands, ask more questions, and severely curtail the amount of power the government has over us.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• YOU SOUND SO UNPATRIOTIC.
    HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT MOVING
    TO CANADA OR MEXICO. I DONT
    KNOW A THING ABOUT THEIR
    GOVERNMENT NOR AM I INTERESTED
    BUT PERHAPS YOU WILL FIND IT
    BETTER THAN AMERICA. I HAVE
    TRUST IN MY COUNTRY AND ALTHOUGH
    I DONT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING
    (WHO DOES AGREE WITH EVERYTHING??
    HOW CAN A GOVT PLEASE EVERYBODY??)
    I AGREE THAT OUR GOVERNMENT IS
    THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND I AM
    GRATEFUL TO BE BORN IN AMERICA
    RATHER THAN A THIRD WORLD
    COUNTRY ANY DAY AND I DONT
    KNOW WHAT I DID TO DESERVE TO
    BE BORN IN SUCH AN AMAZING
    COUNTRY BUT LIKE I SAID IM
    GRATEFUL TO WAKE UP HERE
    EVERYDAY.
    I DONT AGREE WITH ANYTHING
    BUSH.. BUT AS HE WAS LEAVING
    OFFICE I FELT BAD THAT HE HAD
    SUCH LOW RATINGS AND ACTUALLY
    SORRY TO SEE HIM GO.
    BARAK OBAMA IS A RESPECTABLE
    MAN WHO HAS ALOT ON HIS AGENDA TO
    FIX. CUT THESE HUMAN BEINGS SOME
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 6:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• In trusting our government, do you know exactly what you are trusting and who? I agree with the OP. Good question.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009