How many wives really know that they truely love thier husband?

I' crazy about mine, if he is not home at a certain time, I become worried. When I'm at work I hope that he is ok. I've been married for three years, I know I love him more now than in the beginning. Some of my friends say'' you just got married, it's still new'' What do you girls think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Love is a long-term commitment. It's a decision to love someone "for as long as you both shall live". It is not at all based on feelings, because feelings come and go. Staying in love for the long-haul is hard. You will not always "feel" so head-over-heels, to where you think about your husband 24/7. But, that does not mean you love him any less. Falling in love is easy; staying in love takes a lot of work.
    What you describe about the way you feel about your hubby is WONDERFUL, but it's not long-lasting. I've been married for 8 years, and I still have plenty of moments where I feel head over heals for dh. But there are other times that I love him, just because that's the way it is. That's the commitment I've made to him and God.
    I love where we are in our relationship now... I like being here even more than at the beginning-- when my heart raced every time I thought of him.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I absolutely love my husband. I make the choice everyday :)
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 6:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You know when you truly love your husband, not your friends. and honestly 3 years is not exactly new, me & my husband have been married for 3 years, im 21 I love him way more than i did when we first got married, he is my man,and i feel the same way you do, i constantly have him on my mind. Consider yourself luckythat you have found true love, I do
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 6:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My hubs and I have been married 4 1/2 years. Still relatively new, but we've been through some shit lately and we still love each other and are still 100% committed to each other.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I've been with my DH for 6 years and I still feel that way. I think if you make the committed decision to stay wildly in love with your husband, you will. I also think it's about not sweating the small stuff. Not letting those little man-things he does irritate you and cloud the reasons you fell in love with him in the first place. I think it's great that you feel that way about your hubby. It shows you are really committed to making it work! And while it's true the initial passion may fade a bit over the years, there are always ways to rekindle it :)
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 7:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• to beccare2000, Thanks for your comment, I know that and it has been good days, and bad days. I glad that the good days out weight the bad days. We have stress like everyone else, he have three s=children from a prevised marriage, wife is deceased, we have had some situations, but we have worked them out. Yes, I love him deeply. God has bless us with each other.
    Anonymous

• I have been married for almost 15 years and we have gone through ups and downs and through thick and thin and Hell and back, and we are going STRONG. You just don't give up and if the good outways the bad then you know.:)
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 7:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Dh and I have been together for 14 wonderful years and I love him more today than when we first met. Yes we've had our ups and downs but we've always managed to pull through with more love and respect for each other than before. We've come to realize the more we are together the stronger our bond is. Yes marriage is very hard work it's like another full time job but you have to be completely committed to reap the rewards and believe me they are so worth it.

twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• In Love here still! Its been less than 5 years, but I don't see that changing!

L
    O
    V
    E
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Dh and I have been together for 18 years and married for 10. We met when I was only 15, so I guess you'd say we were high school sweethearts. I can honestly say I love him more with each passing day. We know each other better than we know ourselves, we complete each others sentences, and often know exactly what the other is thinking without saying a word. We have the same goals and desires. He still makes me feel those butterflies I felt the first night we met. Don't listen to people who say it will pass, their just jealous and probably long to have that connection with their S/O.

Anonymous