I feel so tricked. (Please dont be mean, I feel bad enough as it is)

Ok so with my ex I always stressed using condoms but he would beg to do it without one. Two times I gave in after he assured me he would pull out. Well, sure enough, I got pregnant. For five months he tried to convince me to get an abortion and then after he realized I had passed the mark to get one he tried to pressure me into putting the baby up for adoption. While pregnant anytime I complained about any little thing he would say "well you could have gotten that taken care of". We've broken up since and I now have a wonderful little boy. However like a month after we broke up he confessed to me that he never fully pulled out. He said he would release in me and pull out shortly after. At first I felt that mistakes happen and theres nothing I could do about it, just live and learn. But since he told me that, I feel so tricked! I now have sooooo much resentment for him.
Do you think im justified in feeling tricked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This may sound a little harsh but, you still could have said no. You could have refused completely. You knew the risks and you gave in. It was a dirty thing for him to do, and it was horrible of him to put that kind of pressure on you, but you are a grown up too. I'm sorry if this comes across bitchy, but you did ask what we thought.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yes you are justified. Your ex is a loser in the worst way and you should be glad you son wont have that moron as an influence in his life. Sometimes having an absent father is a blessing, I can see that in this case.
    Anonymous

• Yea when it comes to "pull out and pray" which I have always done for like the last five years...there is always a chance at pregnancy. Its the risk we take. I know I should use condoms but I personally find them irritating. But I never got pregnant until the one time he did not pull out...which was fine b/c we were getting married 2 mon later anyways. But this guy sounds like a jerk..but don't think about it anymore. I would not trust him though. Now you have a little boy and that is great. Good luck.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No, you had sex without birth control. Don't blame someone else. This is your body, and you are fully responsible for it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I dont think you sound bitchy. I COULD have and SHOULD have said no and pulling out is a lame excuse for birth control method. But I still did it and I have to take responsibilty for that. I just felt tricked in that I TRUSTED him but he deliberately did what he did.
    -OP
    Anonymous

• yeah, he is definately a loser but you should have stuck up for yourself and refused to have sex without a condom. you weren't really tricked because as we all know, if you dont use a condom what in the world do you think will happen?? i wouldn't worry about it, you shouldn't feel tricked because you have a beautiful baby now.
    ambercoloredawn

Answer by ambercoloredawn at 7:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• While you have the right to feel tricked, you also have the responsibility for your own birth control if you are having sex.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Your ex sounds like a loser and I don't see why your regretting your son after you made the desicion to keep him. I think birth control would be a good step for you because you obviously give in to people who don't want to use a condom. I know you feel tricked into it but look what you have now, you have a beautiful son and he is worth alot more than the mistake your ex made. Don't regret your son, it isnt his fault his parents were morons from the start.
    Anonymous

• Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy. Yeah, your loser boyfriend tricked you. So, spend a few minutes ranting & raving about him & then move on. Just think, if he hadn't tricked you, you may not have gotten your son. So the loser's trick backfired on him--you got your baby & he got nothing.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You were tricked. He lied. It's cool though. You have a cute little baby now =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2009