is it normal to have baby fever after you have your baby?

my daughter is about to turn one in april .... before her i didnt even want kids ... during the pregnany i had daily counsoling because i wasnt taking the pregnancy well ... and ever since she was born i been having baby fever ... and i want them back to back ... when does it go away ... i still want a life lol

scared19yrold

Asked by scared19yrold at 7:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• have you talked to someone like a doctor about this? i don't see how you could want them back to back girl, my one drives me crazy sometimes...lol.... i would like to have another one even. tho....

i would just seek counsling, and use protection while having sex.. im talking condoms and birth control if you don't want anymore more right now...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• haha wow...I find this interesting b/c I am still traumatized by the birthing part of it. Pregnancy part was fine and I liked eating a lot. but I fear doing it again and having to deal with the pain and the aftermath of the body parts healing. I give you props for being ready to do it all over again. I guess I should have had the epi. lol.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my three are four years apart, and 8 years youngest to oldest. I was able to enjoy each of them without having a screaming baby with another screaming baby. If I'd had multiples well that would have been something different but we didn't have multiples. I think you're wanting another newborn because your eyes and ears know your little one is growing. Get into a play group with her and you'll be around plenty of little ones and be happy to wait a few years. Church nurseries can usually use another hand, volunteer there with your daughter. You'll get your fix there too. I think it's normal to want more kids when we see how gorgeous our little ones are as they grow in to toddlerhood but to stress out your / even then my own / body with a pregnancy so soon after having a baby is something to put more thought in.
    Anonymous

• and another thing is i'm paranoid about pregnancy ... i freak out about the gaining weight part ... i weight 138 when i was hving my daughter and i hated it ... i tend not to eat either ...
    scared19yrold

Answer by scared19yrold at 7:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• also i dont know why i want more ... my lil one drives me nuts ... i feel i still need to relax since i'm not a kid [erson
    scared19yrold

Answer by scared19yrold at 7:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I got the baby bug when my oldest was 6 months old :) We got pregnant not long after with TWINS ;)
    Now that they are 10, 9 and 9 I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 7:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I got baby-fever pretty quick. And we wanted our kids to be close in age. So we agreed to wait until the first got off the boobie before we would start trying. My boys are now 2 and 1! LOL...It was hard for the first 4-6 weeks, but after that, you fall into a routine.

The second pregnancy was not fun! (but the first was only mildy fun..lol). I got small stretch marks from not losing all the previous weight, and I had a bunch of prego symptoms that I didn't have the first time around. BUT it was really worth it! There were times I literally stated out loud that I was so glad I was already prego or else I didn't know if I would've ever had the second! LOL (b/c the baby was cranky that day or I thought about the recovery,etc)

And i still get mild baby-fever now and then (i think its wishing for a girl...) but, I am so done with being prego! LOL. I'll look into adoption if I want the girl that bad! LOL
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Get into counseling, ask your doctor primary ob for a referall. You're talking about more than wanting another baby. If you're 19 like your screen name says then that's still young to be a mom. Sometimes waiting a little bit longer in life, not always, can give us experiences to help us cope seeing others in sistuaitons we wish we'd be in. Do you have any support to watch your little one if you could get counselling? You can also call United Way, they can help find you places that might counsel you. Being a mom is stressful. Where's YOUR mom? Can she help you?
    Anonymous

• It never goes away. My son is almost 13 and I still want another baby. Not sure it is going to happen, I am almost 38 so time is running out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think it's normal. I had 3 back to back pregnancies and when my third child was about 4 or 5 months old the feeling came back. Luckily the exhaustion of having 3 kids under 3 was stronger then the urge to have another baby, lol. I had it bad after my first 2 kids were born. I wasn't trying to get pregnant but I did...when my oldest was 6 months and when my 2nd was 4 months.

It finally went away for me in the last year. My 4th child was born in 2006 and I had that baby fever bad for the first year after she was born and then slowly I thought about it less and less and in the last year I realized I was happy with the 4 I had and was looking forward to my youngest starting school in a few years, etc. Then I found out I was pregnant again. Oh well.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009