Can I clean my house with company here?

I have 5 kids & 3 dogs so I have do laundry every day & clean my downstairs floors a couple times a time (they are hardwood). I recently had relatives come for several days. What is allowed as far as cleaning when I have company? Do I stay up late & disturb their sleep to mop the floors? Do I suggest a coffeeshop where they can go for 30 minutes? Do I just mop around them? With 3 large dogs, I get a lot of mud on the floor, even with drying them out in the garage before they come in so not cleaning the floor for 3 days really isn't an option.

funnyface1204

Asked by funnyface1204 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• just do it with them there and if they complain about it, put the broom in their hands and tell them that if they can bitch, they can help!
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 7:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Just Do It! You want to do it, you need to do it, just do it! It's cool.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i clean when my family visits and is staying with us. theyre family i dont think theyd care much, its not like you can stop cleaning your house, and you want them to get a good night sleep as well, and you need that sleep just as much.
    Anonymous

• I clean around my company. I'll let them know that hey tomorrow I really need to clean and do laundry. If they have a problem they can step out for awhile but honestly noone has ever said No please don't.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Clean while they are hanging around. We ussually clean after breakfast--- everyone wakes up, fix breakfast.. start doing the dishes & just keep on going..
    Also when we are staying somewhere for a few days I will help with cleaning up.. When I stay with family I dont expect them to be my maid! We are family! So hopefully if they see you cleaning someone will offer to help & dont be afraid to say sure do you mind (blank) just make sure its something that benifits the house- like dishes or something & not picking up your childs toys or dog turds (lol)....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I say clean,clean and clean again ..I agree with Kaysha..lol
    SwtSeattleGrl43

Answer by SwtSeattleGrl43 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Go for it! I don't think any one will be offended by you cleaning. It's a fact of life - something we ALL have to do!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2009