How accurate are they?

How accurate is an online conception calculator? If you knew the exact day you conceived then was it right on or off a couple a days? And if so, how many days off?
Also, which calculator worked best?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you know the First day of your last period?? Most doctor's (to determine due date, and conception date) will ask when the first day of your last period was. So if you know the first day of your last period, count forward 14-21 days and that is your time of ovulation, or when you conceived =) My boyfriend and i pinpointed the exact day!!
    ambercoloredawn

Answer by ambercoloredawn at 7:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• If you have a precise 28 day cycle, usually you will ovulate (and conceive) 14 days after your period starts, then you are fertile for a few days. But if you cycle is off, you may never know the exact day (unless that was the only day you had sex, lol). Online calculators are based on 28 day cycles so they will only be accurate if your exactly follow that cycle. It may help to look at a regular calendar & try to remember what you were doing each day.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The little handheld one I have that I use for clients is accurate. I've never bothered with an online one because I have the handheld.

But honestly the way I see it, a due date isn't an expiration date. It's just a guess at around the time the baby will be born. If I were pregnant and had a due date of October 1st, the way I'd look at it is, "Okay, I'm due between mid September and Mid-October."
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 7:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Oh wait, are we talking ovulation calculators like Fertility Finder? Gah, those things are always off for me. I keep a datebook and chart my cycles and just count backward fourteen days from the first day of my period to pinpoint ovulation. This way I know for the coming cycle.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 7:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree with funnyface1204
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009