Dental work -

So ladies guess what...
as you all know i am 38 weeks pregnant && my doc doesnt think i will make it to my next apt, which is april 2nd - im 2cm && 60% thin && she is measuring 8lbs 2oz......
Well anywho - i have been having pain in my mouth and havent been able to eat anything except cottage cheese, apple sauce, yogurt - ect....
WELL - today i went to the dentist and on MONDAY i get to get my wisdom teeth pulled - just one actually - but only by novacain (sp?) - so yeh FUN TIMES! - && knowing my luck my water will break half way through the procedure - im very scared to get it done because of how far along i am - has anyone ever had dental work like this && was far in pregnancy -
By the way, my wisdom tooth on my upper right side is growing backwards, meaning its growing into my jaw & throat - not like its suppose to && its very painful.
I dont wanna get the work done on monday cause im nervous about my pregnancy but i gotta

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes I have gotten a tooth pulled while I was pregnant. I would wait. I was 30 weeks pregnant and had high blood pressure. I was on medication for blood pressure. I am deathly scared of the dentist in the first place. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. No lie!! I was so scared and I could feel everything. They couldn't numb it very much and it hurt. My baby started kicking and my blood pressure went up high again and I was on medication. I was so glad that it was over! My dentist said I can't believe you can't take this when you are fixing to have a baby. I had already had one baby and I said that I would rather give birth 10 times than get a tooth pulled.

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

freeathome

Answer by freeathome at 8:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009