I just read a horrible story about the death of a 5 week old because the dad was jealous of the attention...

The baby was getting from his partner. The dad actually killed the baby at 5 weeks by shaking him and other things. Basically, the injuries were that of a car crash.

Has your SO ever been jealous about the attention you give the baby?
(Obviously not the extent of the pure evil inhuman thing that killed his child)

This article made me think of the question.
Also, my thoughts are with baby Rilee (the 5weekold)

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• what???? 5 week olds REQUIRE all of your attention just about.. sounds like someone had some kind of anger issues!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The monster that killed the baby was jailed for life btw.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• no, he spends more time with them than i do. that person is evil.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Eww, that person was definitely demented and a very sad person. I thought all so's or husbands get a little jealous. Especially if there's no sex. My guy freaks if he doesn't have sex for awhile and he gets jealous of everything else in my life - that's keeping us from doin it. sigh.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 7:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No way! Other than helping me with regular stuff (I had a hard recovery from a c-section), he was all about the baby. He loves me, but next to her, I'm chopped liver . . and that is perfect with me. I feel the same. Every day we look at her in awe . . she is so much more beautiful than we ever imagined!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My ex did. He was a douche bag. He never spent much time with me in the first place. And he never helped with taking care of the baby. But he would complain about how we never had sex. Between my taking care of the baby and his game addiction, it's no wonder. Jealousy of an infant doesn't sound like something a good person would have an issue with.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No...NEVER. When I hear of stories of mothers trying to freaking coddle their no good a** husbands for not getting attention when the baby is born it disgusts me. This is a sick sad story and he needs to rot in jail.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 10:05 AM on Mar. 27, 2009