If you go to church somewhat regularly or always, what religious part of your church - beliefs - practices, keep you wanting to attend?u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My beliefs are part of it. I am a Christian. I believe that God truly intends for us to gather with other Christians for worship (church is not the only time you can worship but it is a good time to fellowship with other people). It is how I tithe and give back to God for all that he's given me (my tithes go to outreach to the community, pay the pastor's salary as well as to international causes). I do not believe that one needs to attend church in order to obtain salvation. However, I also believe that setting aside one day a week to go to a gathered worship is the least someone could do for the eternal life they've recieved through Jesus' sacrafice. I also think that anyone who is greatful for their salvation and passionate about their faith should show that they feel this way by seeking out learned Christians to learn more about what they believe and why. Church is an excellent place to start with this.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My other reasons for going are Social and Psychological. I feel better going to church and giving my problems to God. I feel better when I meet with other people I know and love. I have the NICEST people at my church. I love having something positive to do. My life can be so full of so many negative things, it is nice to go to a positive atmosphere. I love the atmosphere it provides for my son and can't wait for him to do some of the fun activities they have for kids there.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Our church serves as a refuge from the problems of the world for one morning, to hear spiritual messages and biblical truth in order to go back and face the world for another week. It is also a good example for my kids and a practice of obedience to instructions in scripture. Then, of course there is the fellowship and singing.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 8:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The fact that it is not about religion but about relationship, the love they share and the Grace they walk in. I have been told often how precious and beautiful I am and that I am a wonderful and faithful friend. I just get loved upon and that is what keeps me going there. Other places I have gone to is about religion and law instead of relationship and grace.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It's not about the religion/rituals really. Mainly we like this church because the Pastor is very knowlegable about the orginal hebrew/greek language and culture (which I find fascinating) and We prayed and felt God wants us here at this church.
    We like the Church's view on ( and their outreach activities) showing and sharing God's love, grace, and mercy.

But, along with the 'religion' part, I do really like that this church has Communion every Sunday. it's not important really- not a 'make-it or break-it' thing- but I had alway wished our other churches had Communion weekly.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I dont go for any particular reason other than to get closer to the Lord. If m not getting that, i look for somehwere where i am..
    I attend this church about 25 miles from my house, i love it!
    I see the Word and Worship as tools that are there for me too use, not so much the reason i am going. I have to also say that attending church is not about religion. The main focus needs to be the relaionship with you and God. >Amber
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 27, 2009