Christians, have you ever given the bible as a gift?

what website or store did you get yours from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have given one to a god child when I was the god parent. I would look in your yellow pages for a religious book store. There should be one within a couple towns of you. Or you can order one off amazon.com.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yep, mostly bought from the local Christian bookstore so I could thumb through it, check out the cover, and have it personalized with their name on it :-)
    eminelson

Answer by eminelson at 8:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yes to each family member that graduated from H.S. ( 2 cousins and 2 brothers)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yes. I have given Bibles to Christians, non-believers, family, friends, and acquaintances. (No, I don't go around giving Bibles to anybody and everybody all the time!) I have gone to Berean Christian Bookstore and bought mine there. I can see the different characteristics of each Bible, and each version, and choose what I feel would be best for that particular person. I like the NIV best (New American Standard) but I also like others. I would choose a version that has been directly translated from the Greek and Hebrew scriptures rather than one that is just a commentary type version like the Living Bible. I like Bibles that have "extras" like for children they might have pictures, little devotions, questions, etc.

You can look online at www.Christianbook.com or www.Berean.com
    These will give you an idea of what is out there. The best bet would be to visit a local Christian bookstore.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 8:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• ive given them numerous times and i get them either at our church bookstore or at one of the christian bookstores
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yes, on Christmas and birthdays. I usually go to a Christian book store,and that way, I can have their name engraved on the front. Makes it more personal that way.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009