Mirena IUD

I have the Mirena IUD and when I went to the doc last year she had to do a ultra sound to find it, becasue the strings were not down and she could not see if it was in place. I have been thinking about this darn thing for a year and decided to have my doc remove it. If it is not in place where she can just pull it out...does anyony know how else she will get it out? I have searched the internet and found nothing so I am hoping one person has had a simiular experence or knows about how they go about it. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Health

• I am sorry to say that I do not know how they get it out, but beware that you could very easily get pregnant. My cousin just got pregnant because her IUD was out of place. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I am pretty sure I am not pregnante, I have a light regular period. Thanks for the concern.
    Anonymous

• they will probably use the little tool they opened your uterus with to remove it.. that little pincher thing? they will open your uterus up and remove it.. but is it possible that it could have fallen out and you didnt notice it? it has happened to several moms...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Ya i know two people that got pregnant as well, but they were both tubal pregnacy. I have one in and i check my strings weekly but i am having problems with mine with sex and painful for the both of us... Good luck
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I am pretty sure it is still in there my husband says he can "feel" it during sex. I am going to the doc next week and I'm sure she will answer my questions. I just hate waiting.
    Anonymous

• I know a girl who had one put in,and somehow her skin grew around it,and the Dr. had to surgically remove it.Good Luck.
    Anonymous