Are you in therapy?

I have been for about 8 months and I'm feeling very dependant on my therapist. Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Health

• I am not in therapy right now. I haven't been for awhile. But when I did go I never recognized being dependent on my therapist. I have seen and heard of it though. So I don't know if it's normal but I would think that it is to a point, depending on how long you have seen him/her, etc. I would talk to your therapist about it if anything and see w\hat he/she says. Good luck!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 8:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• yes it is normal,I feel my therapist is the only one I can really open up to,I have been going along time,I personally find it very helpful.Good luck
    Anonymous

• How dependent is normal? Did anyone go through a phase where they felt they called them too much or made too many appointments?
    Anonymous

• I think that if it get to the point where you are too dependent, your therapist will talk with you about it. Other then that, be happy that you found a good one! I had a good one, but we moved.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Only 3 people in therapy!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009