Help! need suggestions on how to get my three year old daughter potty trained at night?

Ginasmom294

Asked by Ginasmom294 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• your child may not be physically ready to stay dry at night.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Same as PP, I cut off liquids after dinnertime. (no later than 7pm) then right before she goes to bed she brushes her teeth and then has to sit on the potty (even if she says she doesn't have to go) She barely ever has accidents at night. We put a plastic sheet under her regular sheets and make sure its not too cold in the house at night. Good luck! Oh yeah, I also leave the bathroom light on and her door cracked so she can find her way to the bathroom and isn't scared.
    marinewife26

Answer by marinewife26 at 2:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• When I potty trained my son (he was two at the time) I waited until he was able to go the day without pull ups then at night I put underwear on him with a pull up over it. This made sure he felt the underwear and it helped him get up and go but if he had an accident the pull up made sure he didnt wake up soaked from head to toe. Also make sure you cut liquids a few hours before bed. I dont think he had an accident until he had bendryl one night and didnt wake up.
    Anne.Marie

Answer by Anne.Marie at 10:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2009