CPS?

Hi, I had recently called the police on my neighbors who had been fighting loudly in front of our door. After several more incidents where they had the cops called by us and other neighbors for creating a disturbance, they have been served an eviction. So, they filed a false CPS report on us and we were investigated. Nothing was found, but I was called by CPS and told they would do a follow up visit. My landlord had visited DSS on our behalf because these same tenants called on another neighbor, but they won't budge. I don't even spank my daughter! But she has a bruise from falling off her bed. Can anyone help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow, what annoying neighbors!!! I wouldn't worry too much about it. I can remember taking my son to the doc when he was first learning to walk, and his entire forehead was covered in bruises from pulling up and banging his head in to something or falling on it. I jokingly told my doc, "I swear, I don't beat him." My doctor laughed and said, "I'd be more worried if he didn't have any bruises." Kids fall, they run into things, then they fall some more. Hopefully, CPS will see the truth in the matter. I'm sorry this happened, what a waste of time and money, it's too bad you can't somehow get them in trouble for filing a false report.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It usually takes quite a bit for them to take your children. My cousin was very bad off and it took them coming over at 9:30pm to her 3 year old outside alone and her inside asleep for them to finally take action. All I can say is you will be fine if you take care of your kids so don't stress to much.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 8:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Follow up visits are usually nothing. They will just check to make sure your home is in order and that there is nothing out of the ordinary. They will ask your daughter a few questions too if she's able to answer. Bruises on kids this age is normal.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 9:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My POS ex recently gave a false report to CPS as well out of spite. I would ask who to go to report the false claims to. It's a serious offense.
    Anonymous