Is it sinful to wish you were never born?

No judgment please...I'm just asking a question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe in "sin" so I would say NO.

PM me if you need someone to talk to.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 8:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No. I dont believe that either. When you get to the end of your rope tie a knot and hang on. Just a little inspiration quote.
    Anonymous

• I'm going to continue to hang on. I'm not suicidal or anything, and I do love my self. I love my children more though :) I just grow tired, you know?
    Anonymous

• I don't think it is. We all have insecurities and go through hard times. I think what matters is rather or not you really get down about what is making you feel like you wish that, and let it totally take over your life, or if you fight to change things and make them better. I do think it would be a sin if someone let those type of thoughts take over their life and cause them to make their children miserable with them, but its not sinning just to have those thoughts.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Know exactly what you mean. I wonder what I must've been thinking over there to ever want to come back down here. (I believe in reincarnation) I think they must have some pretty powerful drugs. LOL. But no, I certainly don't think it's sinful (don't believe in that either) but it's normal sometimes. If you ever need an ear, my page is always open.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I don't know if it is sinful but i do believe it is ungratefulness JUST MY OPINION
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER...islam can teach you how to deal with many of life's problems.. even if you don't choose it as your religion. It can help you to see the world in a different light and also your life and everything that happens in it. and get a better understanding of things that go on and why. I would recommend it highly. after reading about islam, it changed my life tremendously! This life is fleeting.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I believe in God, the Father...the Son and the Holy Spirit. No matter what religion or spiritual way we choose, we're still not perfect.
    I'm not ungrateful, at all. I think ungratefulness would be more appropriate when someone isn't doing anything with their life. I've done a lot. Just tired emotionally.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure there are a lot of people who have wished that in some point in their lives.
    Do I think its a sin? No,but I am sure it hurts God when we think or say it. He wants only for us to turn to him when we have problems. He would love to relieve us of them as a parent would a child. Or a friend to another.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• anon. im not saying YOU are ungrateful. YOu asked a general question. i answered it generally. ungratefulness comes in many ways. It comes in not recognizing blessings and not worshiping god. and much much much more. don't take my answer personal it wasn't.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009