Is it "crazy" to post an ad....

that states, will work for temporary shelter/housing? I'm in a predicament where I left my abusive hubby and went into a shelter. The motel they placed us in was inadequate. I can't go into too many details but I have a newborn and just to heat up her bottle was a challenge. No cooking facilities and no supermarkets in the area. I have a lot of work experience but no family or friends who can help at all. Is it possible to post an ad like that? I'm willing to maybe take care of an elderly person, as a live-in or care for the home, etc.

Please don't be ugly in responding to this question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would worry about safety. Maybe you can look for a live in nanny position?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Right. That's what I was trying to imply. Thank you for that :) I will definitely look into that beginning tonight.

I welcome any other suggestions....
    Anonymous

• I would be very leary of anything like that b/c there are so many strange ppl out there. But you can always check them out and just let somone know where you are staying that can keep and eye out for you. Check the paper and look for ppl searching for someone to take care of there elderly family and then go from there, they may be willing. But just be careful!
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It's not typical to do it. But maybe you could put an ad out saying you're willing to do certain things like housekeeping and/or childcare for a free room and board.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I wouldnt suggest that because ANYONE could do anything. Safety is an issue here for you and your baby. A live in nanny could work out great as long as you do a thorough background check to know what you are getting into. Also, what state are you in?? I know of some programs that help moms with kids get back on their feet. They also provide nice shelter as well. I know this as I was in one of these programs bc I left a Domestic violence relationship. Please feel free to send me a message and I can give you more information.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 10:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Hi hun, why don't you start selling Avon with me? I've helped several moms in your position hiring them on to sell in my team and now they're doing well and on their own and they get to stay at home with their kids. I'm a single mom myself and I always want to help moms like you get back on their feet because I know how hard it can be! Give me an email and we'll discuss how we can get you started. :) GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Avon? Seriously? She's homeless.. she needs a roof over her head not a pitch to sell Avon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• The Nanny idea was a good idea and I also like the idea of helping out the elderly....

Go to local churches - If you email me - I can see if my church has a sister church in your area that can help you.    sla509@comcast.net

Sandy

ThePowerof6

Answer by ThePowerof6 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009