What do you do to find time with your girlfriends to relax, unwind and reconnect?

I am on a budget and find it hard to think of things me and my girlfriends can do to really reconnect. We used to go out for dinner, movies, drinks - but all of that has changed because it just seems that we are all short on funds. Any advice?

IzzyNYMom

Asked by IzzyNYMom at 9:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• You could get together once a month or so for cards or take turns hosting a diner party for you and your friends. Me and my friends play cards and things like that. We take turns hosting and it's really fun to reconnect and just have adult conversations( sometimes things you can't talk to your husband about) I love it. I hope I helped.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 9:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You could always all chip in and rent a movie, buy some popcorn, and make homemade drinks. Just take turns at each others' houses and it'll seem like a night out. Or, if you still don't have that kind of money, just go out to the mall and walk around or get together at one house and just talk.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 9:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My friends and I (there are 4 of us - best friends since college) get together for each of our birthdays and do something special. We usually go for a weekend somewhere and just eat, shop, maybe get a spa treatment, and just hang out. We have such a great time. We get to unwind, vent, and just catch up with everyone's lives. We try to get together once every 3 months and then around Christmas, we get together with the husbands too. We all can't wait for the next get together!
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• When all of our kiddos are spending the night away we do girls night in we get chick flicks (or horror movies) junk food, pizza, margaritas, and comfy Pjs
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 2:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We go for drinks, we call it anger management! Two of my friends and I are going to Vegas this fall, sorry not much help on something cheap.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my friends and I have a "girls night" once a week, atleast we try to do it once a week, just play games, watch a movie, play tennis, last week we car pooled to goodwill and played dress up
    momm_3

Answer by momm_3 at 8:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• we have also been having spa parties at our houses, they are free to do, we go through www.beauticontrol.com not sure if they are all over or just in this area though, but they are fun and relaxing, you can buy the products they use if you want but you don't have to, it's kind of like the candle parties only for home spa stuff, makeup, and that kind of things
    momm_3

Answer by momm_3 at 8:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009