Has anyone rescued and raised baby squirrels?

I have two four week old squirrels. They are so adorable. We are going to raise them until they are old enough to release. Right now they are being bottle fed. Has anyone had any? Any advice?

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 9:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pets

• my husband has! what do you need to know? him and his dad rescues them all the time and actually found on in our backyard. it fell out of a tree and we have it now.
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my aunt did this also. just feed and take care of it until it is old enough to take to a wild life reserve and they will let you set it free there if you need any specific advice let me know and i'll talk to my aunt
    iluvguyzniliner

Answer by iluvguyzniliner at 7:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yes, we had 4 for 2 weeks and then gave them to a professional. It is actually illigal to have a wild animal in some states. they were the cutest little buggers. we bottle fed them. If they become too close to humans they will not be able to be released. try googling care of baby squirrels and wildlife rescue. Sometimes giving them up is the best thing for them.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2009