How can I make my baby finish his bottle without him spitting it all up?

Everytime my baby is drinking his bottle he stops half way and throws it up and then wants more....why does he do that and how can I make him stop?

andysmom08

Asked by andysmom08 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure how old he is or how many ounces you're giving him?
    First off, the best place to get this advice is from his pediatrician.

Try burping him when he gets 1/4 through the bottle, then again at 1/2, and so on. If that doesn't help, try giving him 1/4, wait a little bit, give 1/4 more, so on, so that it gives a chance for his milk to settle in his tummy.

Wish you the best of luck! :-)
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 9:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• He might have reflux.. my 10 week old has it and he will suck down half, sometimes all the bottle then just puke it up, then want another bottle! We switched him to Enfamil A.R. which helps cut down spit ups (more like projectile throw ups) by 40%.. he still does it sometimes, but it helps a lot.. Im starting him on rice cereal when he turns 3 months and that is supposed to help keep it down. I would ask your peditrician about GERD and if your child could possibly have it. Im assuming your child is pretty new, right?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009