is there any safe pain medicine that doesn't have tylenol or ibprofen in it?

I have been taking tylenol and sometimes vicidon almost every day for the past 5 or 6 months, due to running low grade fevers , aches pains etc.
i'm worried i am over doing the tylenol, even though its only ever the kind that is 8 hrs 2 pills a day, days that i dont take it i am taking one vicidon i did bring this up to my nurse and she just said as long as i wasnt taking more then 4grams per day id be ok. but was looking online and it says prolonged use of tylenol even in the correct amount can cause liver damage, is there any other type of pain medicine i could ask about that would work just as well? i dont want to be in pain but also want to have a working liver
any advice would be great!

--ibprofen doesnt really agree with me i can usually only take it once every couple of weeks if that-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Health

• I would be more worried about the vicodin than the tylenol. Any type of pain meds are going to effect your liver.
    Anonymous

• I would be more worried about becoming addicted to the Vicodin than the Tylenol. I would think that the Vicodin is the bigger problem. I really don't think there are any pain relievers that don't have acetomeicin or ibuprofren in it. Well, there is aspirin.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• A glass of wine always does the trick for me..................
    Anonymous

• Theres a medication called Toredoll. It is a prescription pain medicine. The nice thing about it its non narcotic, so no addictive properties in it. It also works on all kinds of pain. When I get a really bad migraine headache, I usually have to give a shot of 5mcg. to myself. You do realize that Vicodin has tylenol in it also. Some Vicodin can even have up 500 mcg of tylenol in it. So even though you may think you are only taking Pain medication, you are still taking tylenol. Look on your prescription bottle it should say how many micrograms it has. For example the number would look like 5/325 or such. There are also different strengths of vicodin, so the 5 part could be a 7.5 or even a 10. Try talking to your doctor, maybe he could have you try the Toredoll. Good Luck. I hope this helps.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009