help please!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son is always getti in air into his tummy after every feeding..I burp him and everything but he alwaysseems to get air in his tummy and it makes him fussy...i dont know whsat to do what do you guys suggest??please help

daisy_209

Asked by daisy_209 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask his pediatrician, firstly. I don't know if you're giving him breast or formula, but my youngest had to take soy formula due to gas issues. You can also try Mylicon gas drops. (I don't know if I spelled that right...)
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 9:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Make sure you are letting the air out of the nipple when feeding him. Burp him after every ounce. Get the bottles with the ventaire (Playtex).
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• We used playtex drop-ins so you can push all the air outl worked pretty good!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• there are usually no gas problems, nor large amounts of spit up with breast fed, fed from the breast.
    teenagemama19

Answer by teenagemama19 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree with teenagemama19. At 2 months, it's not too late to BF if you aren't already. It could just be the formula.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Playtex drop-ins bottle fixed my son's problems, as well as switching to soy formula. He was senstive to the lactose. I'd try different bottles, such as playtex drop-ins, dr. brown, etc. If you don't see any improvements within the week of using a bottle with collapseable liner, I would talk to the pediatrican.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 10:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009