has anyone had a paternity test done...

through domestic relations? how long did the whole process take from start to finish? like how long did it take to make the first appt...get the test done...get the results in...and go back to the judge to figure out what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I HAVE NEVER HAD A PATERNITY TEST.
    BUT I HAVE BEEN TO COURT BEFORE
    AND IT MIGHT TAKE A LITTLE WHILE
    BECAUSE THATS JUST HOW THE
    COURT PROCESS IS.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 9:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• well im hoping it takes awhile...thats why i was curious. im not going to go if my ex doesnt care about our child. he hasnt been there since he found out i was pregnant and he is into bad things and i dont want my dd around him if he continues. if he does decide to go though, i dont have a problem since she is his too...i just want her to be a little bigger so shes not as fragile if that makes any sense. dont bash plz...im not trying to keep him away...he just doesnt care.
    Anonymous

• Judge ordered it, gave him 10 days to complete, back to court week after.
    Anonymous

• if he doesn't care now, chances are he won't care later. his interests are in himself, he has no desire to take care of you while you're carrying his child. do you really want him around you and your child if he's, "into bad things"?
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 10:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• no i def dont want him around but i know that i cant stop him if he does go to court. hes taking care of his gfs child and my boyfriend is like a father to my dd...paying for the things that my ex should have. im going to florida in may and i just dont want him to interfere with that.
    Anonymous