Dealing with stress from DH getting laid off

Wondering if anyone else is dealing with stress from being laid off or having your sig. other being laid off. My DH works fr a auto parts manufacturer. Our insurance is though him. Granted I bring in more $ than him the insurance is so important we have 2 kids and I'm pregnant. We never know it's a week to week thing. He just got laid off for the second time but supposed to ge back i one week. I'm probably boring all of you with my woe is me story but I am wondering if anybody is going through the same and how you deal with it

bearcat84

Asked by bearcat84 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's really horrible what is going on to our economy. This has happened to family & friends of mine. Hopefully, things will change sooner then later.

Anonymous

• i know how you are feeling, I quit my job after i had my son. My husband had a good job and health in. everything was just the way i wanted. well good things dont last forever ;) he lost his job. We have always been hard working people, we have been looking for jobs everyday. no luck yet. We are having a very hard time. living off of unemployment, make "to much" money for any help. of course it hard, but i have a healthy son who is just the greatest. Life is hard for alot of people right now. But i am still happy and loved. thats what gets me through my day :) corny i know
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 10:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• when my dh was in the shipyards, he got laid off frequently even without recessions. He used to drive me absolutely crazy, so I had to finally just start giving him a list of things to do either on Monday mornings or every morning. And when he felt like he was being constructive and doing something he was so much better. I would save up the honeydo lists for layoffs, and those were his jobs when layoffs rolled around again. Good luck with all of this right now.
    Anonymous

• Yes we are all in the same boat

Work for Yourself and help others do the same.

http://www.doctorsmission.com/

Anonymous