Can you help me?

I need some motivation to go on a diet and exercise. Any tips? I put this here because more people come here. Thanks.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I lost 30 lbs right before i was suprised about my pregnancy lol. I just looked at all the magazines and decided i wanted to be skinny more than i wanted the food. once you start its easy! and its best to excerisize because you won't want to undo what you did with a candy bar. and its best to mess your diet up once a week because it keeps your metabolism guessing. (my parents own a gym so i had a lot of help from them) counting calories was easiest for me and when you eat the right foods you can be eating all day long! Good luck! let me know if you would like help, im a bored lady at 38 weeks just sitting around lol.
    stylinmomma88

Answer by stylinmomma88 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• STOP DRINKING SODA!!
    DONT EVEN BUY IT.
    IM TELLING YOU I GAVE UP
    SODA AND SAW A DIFFERENCE
    INSTANTLY!!
    START EXCERCISING GRADUALLY.
    I TURN ON MTVJAMS OR MTV2 AND
    JUST WATCH VIDEOS WHILE I
    STRETCH AND DO SIT UPS.
    START FOR 15 MINUTES OR 3
    VIDEOS (HEHE) AND GRADUALLY
    DO IT LONGER.
    YOU CAN START IN THE MORNING
    OR AFTER THE BABIES GO TO
    SLEEP AND IF ONE DAY YOU WANNA
    TAKE A BREAK GIVE YOURSELF A
    BREAK BUT YOU HAVE TO START
    SOMEWHERE.
    LOOK AT BATHING SUITS OR
    CLOTHES THAT YOU WANT TO
    FIT INTO AS MOTIVATION.
    YOU CAN DEF DO IT!!!
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 9:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Ugh... I need it too.
    I was way overweight to begin with, then was pregnant for 2 years. Now I'm really packing it on after quitting smoking.

Sometimes I just crave a nice long walk so bad, because I know how good I'll feel when I'm done. Downfall is I'm not motivated to take the time for myself to actually do it.

I am going to try something. Instead of Special K, "The Corn Chex Challenge." (I love me some Corn Chex.)
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 9:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I lost 75 lbs by walking everywhere. The longest walk I did was 35 blocks one way. I also walk 2 work now
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• All are nice suggestions on how to do it but I didn't see much motivation advice. I have to lose another 40 lbs by fall 2010 for my high school reunion. I have a picture of my slinky black Victoria 's Secret dress I keep posted on my desk. THAT is my motivation. I want to look hot since I looked like a pig at my last reunion!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Motivation: "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 10:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• every day write down everything you eat, that way you see it on paper and you will realize if its too much, you could join a group on here where everybody posts their progress and help keep each other motivated. Good Luck!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Join Sparkpeople.com

Wonderful support system.
    Anonymous

• I need motivation too. Wait,my 20 yr reunion is at the end of August and i want to loose 40 lbs. Better get to work on it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• What motivates me is my hubby. I want to be sexy for him and look good standing next to him. I also really want to be able to ride with him on our boat and be envied by all the other fishermen.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:23 AM on Mar. 27, 2009