If you wanted to donate money anonymously, and you wanted to do it directly to families in your community, how would you choose to do it?

Do you think it would be a good idea to mail it to them, put it on their front porch, car, etc? How would you choose who should get it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• Mail it to them with no return address.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I dreamed of winning the lottery and doing this. I was thinking I'd walk into the Salvation Army and hand out some $100 bills. That would just make their day and mine. But, anonymously, i would put it in their mailbox.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I WOULD TOSS IT INTO AN ENVELOPE
    AND PUT IN UNDER THEIR DOOR.
    BY THE WAY THATS THE BEST WAY
    TO DONATE MONEY.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 9:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Another way would be to give it to a minister to give them anonymously.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would put in on their front porch and make it obvious somehow. Just putting it on the porch in an envelope could easily get mistakened for garbage. As for going to the salvation army, that is not a good choice because alot of people that have money shop there. You would be taking the chance of giving someone money and not knowing if they really needed it or not.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 10:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would go thru church, or put it on the porch. I wouldn't send cash in the mail, and money orders are iffy. I think the church is probably the best bet though.
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 11:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• If it was a little, I would get cashier's checks cut at the bank and send them in the mail (my bank lets me get a certain number free each month). If it was a lot, I would set up a trust that could cut all the checks from that acct, while keeping some to accrue interest so I could send another batch down the road.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would give to a church or other non profit that will work directly in your community. bless you for your wonderful thought of helping others.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 8:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Either mail it or find out what bank if they do any banking like from a neighbor or relative and just make a deposit to them. If they might need something like food or clothes I would suggest and gift card.
    Jackie55

Answer by Jackie55 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• You have a beautiful and generous spirit - God bless you.

I believe the church idea is the best, even if the families you want to bless do not attend. You can speak to the pastor or minister of your local church and explain your situation and arrange for them to make a personal visit to the family with the donation in hand. The family may be more willing to accept such a gracious gift under that circumstance than if it suddenly appeared in their mailbox. If you place it in their mailbox then they will suspect a local neighbor and be truly embarassed.
    Best wishes to you! ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2009