SANDBOXES

ok so I want to get a sandbox for my 2 1/2 year old what are your options?!

ELIZABETHSMO902

Asked by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got one last year for my daughter and she LOVES it. After reading lots of reviews, the biggest things I found to consider were:
    Size of the box... some are so small that the child barely fits in them WITHOUT any toys.
    A cover... this keeps out rain and cats at night. A sandbox full of rain water isn't much fun. Neither is one that is also used as a liter box.

We got this one... and it's still going stong this year.
    http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1221
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i dont know what you mean but dh is going to build our daughter one and i want to get the crayola colored sand
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Options? ARe you buying a little turtle one? I actually got a larger plastic pool and a couple bags of sand for my daughter when she was that age. Little ones like that tend to just dump it out when you have smaller ones. This way she could sit right in it. She loved it. I just put a tarp over the top and tucked it under the pool to keep cats out.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I just got one at Kmart for 20. It's a small turtle that has a lid. It's small but big enough for 1.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my 2 and 3 year old got one last summer its built up table so they can stand up while they play they love it especially with cups and different shaped plastic "molds" just dont buy colored sand,as much as your child wants it! it stains hands and clothes!!
    Anonymous

• We also have the turtle one with a lid. We got it off of craigslist for 10 dollars - sand included. I would recommend a sand and water table, rather than just sand. Sure, the sand and water will end up all mixed up, but that's what happens when little ones get to exploring.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 10:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009