Someone Please Help Me Figure out..

What wrong with my son.. He has cried almost all day long. He has a clean diaper a full tummy.. I have given him every med. I can for teething and gas.. We doesnt want to be held, he doesnt want to jump in his jumper, he wont sleep he wont let me hold him. He is crawling and has been cruising for about 3 weeks now and for the entire day all he has done is crawl around and cry. No matter what I do. What else could be wrong with him. I'm a yough first time mom and I have done everything I know to do. Any ideas whats wrong with him?

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is doing the same thing but he's just getting over a nasty virus. He doesn't seem to be too sick anymore but he still just cries and cries until we pick him up AND carry him around. I want my happy baby back too. You son isn't getting over a cold or anything is he?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Is he whining or crying? If he is crying you may want to have him checked to make sure that you aren't missing anything. If all else fails see the pediatrician.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• no he is crying tears and all. I have given him everything I can and he still cries. I feel horrible cause I cant fix it
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You can't always fix everything even though you want to. You may need to have him checked. Is he teething?
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would even say see the pediatrician or at least put in a call to the nurse BEFORE all else fails!

Does he have a temperature? There are some nasty toddler viruses that cause kids to feel pretty awful. Most of them run their course pretty quickly. But this behavior is totally out of the ordinary.. I would at least call and the nurse can ask you some questions to see if he should be seen or not. Good luck.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• no bumps to show teeth pushing through but I gave him teething tablets and rubbed orel jel on his gums just to be sure and that didnt help at all. I would call but they are closed right now so my only other opption is the ER and they will probably brush me off. They did when I went in for bleeding at 7 months pregnant. I just can't handle it anymore. I want my happy baby back
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• A lot of pediatricians have an after-hours person on call. An operator answers, takes down your info, and someone calls you back. If yours doesn't have this, I don't see why you couldn't call another pediatrics practice. I don't think they necessarily verify you're a patient before a nurse calls you back.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree with taking him to the doctor. It is unusual for a child that age to cry NON stop and real crying. Usually if they aren't feeling well it would be off and on.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Did you try a pacifier or stand up holding him and rock him. Does he seem tired? My daughter does that sometimes if she is overly tired. I have to hold her pretty tight, quietly sing to her, and stand and bounce/rock her then she finally gives in and relaxes and falls asleep. He could possibly have an ear infection. Did he fall at all? Did he eat too much? His belly could be hurting. Maybe try rubbing it or take his legs and push them gently towards his belly in a clockwise motion, then counterclockwise. That can push gas out. If he doesn't stop soon, I'd definitely take him to the ER. Don't let one bad experience put your baby's life in danger.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 10:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yes I've tired the "binky" I've walked,rocked,given gas meds,teething meds. Yes he has fallen. He's not great at sitting down and not falling down so he has fallen a few times today. But I have been alternating tylenol and motrin all day well since this started. His nana came and took him and he's a little better now.. I'm a stay at home mom.. Could he have maybe just been tired of mommy and needed someone else?
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2009