Any vegetarian mommy/mommy to be's?

I've always had an extremely well-balanced and nutritious diet. My health is at its very best. I would just like to know what all the vegetarian mommy's or mommy-to-be's have changed in their diet while pregnant? Have you noticed any differences? I can't shake this horrible fatigue, and I will unknowingly sleep 'like a rock' for more than 12 hours at a time now that I'm pregnant! Does my diet have any affect on what the baby will eat once it gets older??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am a vegetarian but while pregnant I craved so many things that I gave in. I ate more fish, salads, Mexican food and cupcakes....I was so sick with one, the only thing that sounded good were vanilla cupcakes. If you don't suffer intense nausea, you can probably stick to your good diet. That said, the kid I ate Mexican and fish with, really loves mexican food, fish and salad. The kid I ate the cupcakes with, loves cake and anything sweet. Go figure!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Wow!! That helped so much. I know there aren't many vegetarians out there these days so i didn't think i would get a response, i appreciate it. Unfortunately, i do suffer from intense nausea and i haven't had an appetite at ALL!! I get the exteme all day sickness instead of food cravings, darn it!! Mostly i crave salty stuff and fruit, but EVERYTHING makes me puke =(
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry to hear it. How far along are you? It should improve. Do sour things sound good? I ate those sour apple ropes from the candy section and some candied ginger but honestly, nothing worked. I remember being too sick to take a walk so I opened up the screen door to the porch for fresh air and quietly wept by myself while my 8 month old played alone. It was terrible. I still feel guilty for not being able to play. Hang in there, it'll get better!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• aw, that's exactly how i feel. this is the worst pain i could ever imagine and i've had two surgeries on my broken ankle and also my tonsils, this does not compare! i tried to take a slow walk (i love sunshine and nature and walks so i figured it would help) but no! my boyfriend made cinnamon buns the other day and just the smell of that made me sick. really the smell of anything makes me sick. i can't sleep because i'm sick, i'm in constant pain and even my anti nausea prescription doesn't help. i've literally tried everything and it's been solid sickness all day for three weeks now. i'm at a loss; i feel helpess. i know it's going to be worth it, i just dont know what to do. i'm sure my boyfriend feels as helpless as i do. sometimes i put a little hot water in the bottom of the bathtub and bring a blanket and pillow in there just so i can get a few minutes of sleep. and i'm only 10 weeks along!! nothing tastes/sounds good
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You will feel better in a couple weeks. The good news is that when you're really sick, it means the baby is tough and not likely to miscarry. I'm sorry, it's the worst. Hang in there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2009