Do you feel disconnected from people?

I have alot of friends that I meet up with for tea, people that I talk to, neighbors that I converse with when I meet up with them, sisters that I spend about 4 hours a week talking to on the phone; yet, I feel so disconnected from people. Does anyone else feel this way? Is it just the way our world is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I do, but then I am, lol. I don't really feel the need to be with other people like I used to though. My best friend is my husband and we spend all our time together with our son
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I feel this way myself a lot. I have marital problems and tend to isolate myself because of it. Always put on a good front. I'm very private and don't like anyone knowing my life is not perfect. From the outside looking in, it seems perfect but it is far from it. I wish I could be more open about things, but I'm just not.
    Anonymous

• this is why I have internet friends. I feel more connected to them. My sister says she doesn't understand it but it works for me. It's all about how we feel and I feel connected this way. Find what works for you and enjoy

Answer by admckenzie at 10:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yes, I do. And it sucks. I think I'm just not a people person. I don't make friends easily, I'm too judgemental I think. But then again, so is everyone I know!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I totally agree. I find I am tired and tired of people and pettiness. I feel like I have a hard time relating to people. My psychic says it's because I am on my last life and I AM tired of dealing with people in this lifetime. Who knows, but you're not alone!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I do
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Oh yeah,I know. I feel that way too because I'm shy and don't enjoy socializing. I wonder if anyone wants to get to know me anyway so....I'd rather stay home.LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2009