What could it mean when a dr doesn't want you to wait a month to see a neurologist or a nerve specialist?

K I am having trouble with my head, both hands and left shoulder hurting constantly. I went to the dr this morning and I have appointments with a neurologist and a nerve specialist within the next week and a mri and ct scan tomorrow. I am scared.

KallaLilli

Asked by KallaLilli at 10:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Health

• Honey, take a deep breath and remain positive. just like the first poster said " They just want to make sure everything is okay and if not, they want to catch it in time. " Keeping you in my thoughts !
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• They just want to make sure everything is okay and if not, they want to catch it in time.
    Anonymous

• They just want to rule out M.S. or any type of pinched or damaged nerves it's routine nuthin to be scared about .
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• That the doctor thinks it's important to see someone right away. He may just want to rule things out. Or he has an idea what is wrong and wants to get treatment started as soon as possible. You really should be asking your doctor this.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I did ask the dr and he didn't give me a direct answer and changed the subject.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 1:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2009