Have you ever lightened your hair with lemon juice?

I have red hair would it turn orange?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• With red hair it will usually turn blond. ((I'm a redhead too. Go minority! Lol.)) But no, I don't recommend it. I tried it and my hair got really jacked up; it turned a funny greenish color after swimming and getting chlorine in it. I agree that you should just spend some time in the sun. But don't forget your sunblock!
    DellaF88

Answer by DellaF88 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i dont know if it will turn orange? i have done it and it took forever you have to be constantley in the sun bc the lemon juice only helps when the sun has direct contact with it. i had dirty blonde hair and it took too long so i just got my hair done. lol
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I don't know.. I haven't tried that since high school.. I know it never worked back then.
    Anonymous

• i dont recomend it. specially with red hair go to a local salong and just get a few highlites put in around ur face usually cheeper then getting whole head done.
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Using lemon juice to lighten your hair really really dries it out.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It dries your hair, and it's really the sun that does the lightening... if you wet your hair and sit in the sun it will open the cuticle and let the sun in, without the stickiness of lemon juice. It still takes awhile though... I'm blonde and even with me it takes awhile for the sun to lighten it!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009