milk?

hi my son is now a year old. I was wondering if it would be ok to give him reg. milk in some bottle and the 9m and older formula in some bottle. like formula in morning and nightime and reg. milk for his nap time bottles?

DilsMommy

Asked by DilsMommy at 10:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He is still too young. Milk shouldn't be introduced until after the first birthday. Babies need all the nutrients in the formula.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 10:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yes he's a year old whole milk is ok at this point.. They dont recommened mixing formula and whole milk. i would ask his Pedi. before you give it to him though.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I totally read the question wrong! I thought you said he was 9m! So ignore what I said :p

AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 10:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I switched my two boys to regular milk all at once when they turned one. They did great right off the bat with less gas then with formula and they loved it. My little girl switched herself at 8 months old, woke up one morning and flat out refused to drink anything but whole milk from that point on.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 10:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• he probably wont want to go back on formula after he tires real milk. that stuff smells gross im sure it doesnt taste to good either lol. ask your doc for the okay tho first.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 1:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We switched at 1 year without mixing, cold turkey and they were fine. Our 11 mo old gets milk now occassionaly so we will just switch him off when our current supply runs out.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2009