Does anyone else think that the book "the surrendered wife" is a bunch of B.S.?

I just got done reading it and I thought it was really stupid. I told my husband a little bit about it and he didn't like it either. Does the author have kids? Because if she doesn't that would explain alot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I have never heard of it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Well, it is supposed to enhance the intimacy in a marriage. But it just sounds like a good excuse to be selfish and superficial. I take care of me and you take care of you. It definitely does not emphasize 'teamwork', which is what I think marriage is all about.
    Anonymous

• The author does not have kids and she admits that in the book, I cannot remember which chapter. As for any book in the "self-help for relationships" area, I take what I agree with and leave the rest. I did agree with some parts of her book and disagreed with others. Some things work in my marriage, others would never fly (the whole leave the bills to him... yea! We would be without electricity and water and the bank would forclose on us if the bills were left to him... but my husband ADMITS that is a fault of his, LOL). Anyway, if you don't get anything from it, no loss.

The book on this theme that I really do not like is "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands." Can't remember the author. But she basically advocates the same thing. The woman is all give, give, give... the man all take, take, take and no middle ground.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2009