Do you keep an eye on when your teen daughter is ovulating?

What do you think of this?
Would you?
So you know when she might be more fertile to maybe try and keep her away from boys, maybe try to keep her from becoming pregnant. Secretly or openly.
I don't have teenage daughters, but I was wondering if any parents have ever considered doing this.
Do you think it would be good parenting or what? What do you think?
Honest opinions please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I would openly keep track of them and teach her too as well. Not just for sexual health reasons and a little extra birth control, but to be aware of her body. I personally am not comfortable with giving my daughter hormonal therapy. But if she's sexually active, she'll need reliable protection. So I'll teach her about tracking her cycles so she won't have sex on her most fertile days. I'd also give her block methods of birth control and spermicides.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No, she has given me no reason to NOT trust her.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I seriously don't get this. I mean is that really any of your business? Are you not going to let her out of the house when she is? If your worried about her having sex, maybe you should talk to her instead of invading her privacy by tracking her cycle.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• This is actually ignorant. She can get pregnant at anytime so the goal should be to keep her as "safe" as possible at any given time. ALL the time.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I do. I ask her how she's feeling. If she's having bad cramps I make sure to buy otc meds. I know how moody she gets around that time, so if she's grouchy with me, I'm more understanding and let little things slide while making it clear that she should also be aware of her emotions. I think it's important to stay on top of it, and teach her how to handle that time of the month. Nothing wrong with being informative with your kids about their health.
    Anonymous

• Look, like I said in the question, I don't have a daughter.
    This isn't about locking her up during times.
    Yes I highly agree that it is better to keep an open honest relationship, and talk about safe sex if there is going to be any sex.
    I was just curious and if you don't think it is any of my business then don't answer the question.

Anonymous

• uh what? thats crazy i've never heard of that. i mean i know my mom would ask if i had my period and stuff but ovulating?? i dont know thats a lil crazy because i dont even know when i ovulate my cycles are crazy
    Anonymous

• I would also teach her how to chart her cycles just because it's important for her to be that familiar with her body. That does not mean her charts are any of my business.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Thats a little creepy.
    Anonymous