I'm curious about what you would do in this situation..no bashing please

I met this guy and have been talking with him for about 3 weeks...He seems very sweet, kind, supportive. He is recently divorced, early March, and I found out that he still lives with his ex to an extent. They aren't able to sell the house but they have an arrangement to where they don't really see each other when they are there. She's actually dating someone since they split up. I'm thinking that if he wasn't such a sweet man I'd already be gone but I'm thinking he's one of the good guys and I'd like to find out. Ok what would you do? Again no bashing

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd give him a chance.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Take it slow. I know many second marriages that were rebounds and ended in divorce.

The living together b/c of the housing situation is actually pretty common now. They have tv shows around it.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 10:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I had a friend who was in this exact same situation with a guy she was seeing. She got burned.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry but as long as he is living in the same house we would just be friends at most.

Anonymous

• I would take it slow and see what happens. Not everyone is out to hurt others. As for the living in the same house, I have a few friends that are in this situation. Its common now a days. I would continue to give the man a chance. Just let him do teh first moves and such. Good luck with everything here
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 10:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• thats a hard one. i ve been cheated on too many times so... id be too scared. ive been caught in pretty good traps where the men where so nice. im a very worrisome and jealous person. i finally found a faithful man and husband i should say THANK GOD lol. i dont know how to answer it but i would just listen to your heart. goodluck sorry i wasnt much help. but i tried. lol =)
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• He would have to move out, there are tons of apts out there
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think that you should take it slow and really get to know him. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE THE REBOUND. Make sure that he is over her. He could be a good guy. Good luck I hope everything works out for you.
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Did you get all this info from him? Because he can tell you alot of things, and make it sound real good, and you will never know the truth. Ask around. You don't want to be the mistress.
    Anonymous

• to the last anonymous..it sounds like you're not sure if he's even divorced? actually i know that he is divorced because of his facebook comments from all his friends about going through the whole thing.....I will definitely be cautious thanks for all your answers.
    aidansmom111804

Answer by aidansmom111804 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2009