Contractions.

Can contractions be close together but not gain strength and still be effective labor?

gettingfat89

Asked by gettingfat89 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no idea...but my current contractions right now are killing me and im gonna freaking cry! sooo badddd
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think so. Not sure though.
    Anonymous

• I feel your pain...I woke up this morning with MAJOR contractions I felt like dying, but then they stopped, I had small ones all day, but in the last hour they've become more frequent, but not more intense. I'm going to try to wait it out until morning I go to the doc at 8:30.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It is very unlikely that if your contractions are not growing in strength that it is true labor. They are most likely Braxton Hicks. Try drinking alot of water and relaxing and if they don't go away in a few hours you can always call your doctor.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I've never had braxton hicks that that had pressure with them. Idk I took a bath earlier and it didn't help, and they get more frequent when I sit and "relax"
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Sure. Noone says contractions have to be painful or intense. Some women have very easy labors. Stay home as long as you can! The more time you are at the hospital, the more chance they have to perform unnecessary interventions!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2009