Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


my soon to be ex husband hasnt been around since i found out i was pregnant. hes raising his gfs kid and hasnt asked about ours. he doesnt believe she is hisand may want to get a paternity test done. if he does, can he prevent me from moving out of state with dd and new boyfriend? i will only be gone for a few years bc my bf is in the navy.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (3)
  • what state do you live in ? in florida yes if he says no then you can not move intill the child is 18 of age

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

  • we live in pa

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

  • Check with a lawyer. If the baby is proven to be his, and he obtains partial custody (shared parenting) there might be a problem with you taking her out of state....

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.