Did the ( gay bashing/AIDS) question effect anyone elses opinion of religious beliefs?

The whole question really hurt me personally. It hurt me to the core. I hate blaming the whole religion and I don't but when I come accross people that use their religion for hate, it really urks me.

It is not OK to bash anyone! I love many gay people and hate seeing and hearing the stuff they have to go through in the name of religion.

PLEASE STOP THE HATE!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I didn't read the post you are refering to because my internet is on the fritz so I'm just getting back on... But ALL and ANY posts regarding Gays and religion tend to get to me. I hate the fact that people use religion to permit hatered to grow and fester. No matter what your beleifs are not everyone is going to share them. And to expect them to change their feelings or life just because it doesn't jive with your beleifs is just rediculus and childish! It truly breaks my heart to see some of the hateful things that are said to and about gays on this and other sites. When it comes down to it if you are not Gay you don't have anything to worry about. No one is going to hate you for it and you won't have to worry about commiting that sin (if you beleve it is). So, if you aren't gay, leave it alone! IF you are then good for you for being able to be honest enough with yourself to admit it. Love you and forget about all the hate

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i missed it
    lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I am afraid that post may have hurt many hearts.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Its still there but on the closed questions
    pnwmom

• Yep, me!
    I am the daughter of an amazing lesbian woman and PROUD of it!!!
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• under what??
    lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/163717/Do_you_think_AIDS_is_a_punshment_from_God_to_gays
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No, it didn't change my opinion of religious beliefs. Sadly enough, I already know that these beliefs are out there. It does, however, make me very sad.
    I do think that one thing that many religions have in common is the teaching that we should love one another. Jesus said to love each other as I have loved you. The Bible tells us that God is love. The Buddha stated that never does hatred cease by hatred at any time. Hatred ceases by love. This is an eternal law. One of my favourite quotations from the Dalai Lama: If you want to be happy, practice compassion. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
    If my beliefs led me to hate, to judge, to wish evil on other people, I would consider myself to be on a very wrong path. Ultimately if there is a God he will judge by his own criteria- in the meantime, I will leave that to him and practice compassion. JMO!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I'm sad to say it didn't, because at this point, I go into it with the attitude of expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised if I'm proven wrong. Lets just say that thread was entirely unsurprising.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I am the Mom of a Gay son and I am PROUD of him. That post made all of us see there is still a lot of work to be done.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2009