What was one of your strangest cravings during pregnancy?

I know for me personally I crave baking soda. And sometimes I crave ice cream and bananas mixed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol with my first it was oj, pickles and salt and vinager chips all at the same time! Boy did my belly hurt for hours later but it was soooo good!
    itsallgood0100

Answer by itsallgood0100 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Baking soda! Wow, that's one I've never heard before.

For me it was lemon juice concentrate right out of the bottle-at 2AM.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Coffee grounds. With my first I would literally stick my finger in the can and lick it off. THankfully nothing too strange this time around.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 11:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I put vinegar or mustard on everything. It got a little ridiculous after awhile. Although I did discover that tuna fish with mustard is delicious and I actually still eat it that way.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• A woman who used to work with my mom craved dirt. My mom said she would come to work every morning with a little styromfoam cup filled with dirt and plastic spoon and leave it sitting out on her desk and eat from all day long. Mom said it was really hard to watch, and all the other girl in her office were really grossed out by it.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i am always craving steak sauce or italian dressing anything with vinegar in it and i am always wanting cantelope too oh gosh now im hungry!!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Am I the only one who sees a pattern of sour in some answers to this?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No, Timelessglass, You're not the only one. I remember reading somewhere about pregnant women and sour things, But I can't remember where or exactly what the article was about.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i craved water and dirt with my first lol i never ate dirt but i could smell it all day. with my second i ate tons of pickles and rocky road ice cream.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• with my second i craved bubble gum....you know the pink squarish kind in the blue package lol. i remember going to the insurance agents office and grabbing a handful lol!
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 12:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2009