how can the person who does the job from age 1 to age 23 be called the step-mom

I have been the step-mom for over twenty years and have done the job that the nature mom refused to do still be considered the step-mom,

gailerica

Asked by gailerica at 11:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• you arent the biological mother. my step dad raised me pretty much i saw my dad a few times a month but i always called my step dad "dad" he took me on vacations, bought me a car, helps me out with money when i need it so yea i consider him to be a dad
    Anonymous

• sad as it is in a situation like yours, the term step mom is used with anyone acting the role of mom that is not the birth mom. Not everyone uses it this way, but most that I know consider that the definition.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Bless you!! They should not address you as their "step" mom - especially since you've done the raising since they were babies! You should be called their MOM as well as the bio mom!
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You didn't give birth to them.
    Anonymous