Giving puppies away

I am giving our mixed breed puppies away next week and just wondered, if you had any luck with being able to give away mutts. They are really cute, but I just can't keep them.
And yes, momma is getting spayed soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pets

• Be VEEEERY careful of putting ads in the paper. believe it or not people look for puppies in the paper to use a "bait dogs" in dog fights. very common. try going through your vet to help you find a good home. You'd be surprised at how many people have just lost a dog or are looking for a puppy. good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yes, I have given away mixed breeds a few times in the past! I usually advertise in our local paper or you could also ask a local pet store if they could take them & try to sale/give them away for you. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• I just helped my sister get rid of 10 puppy mutts---the popular thing is to advertise for your friends and family on Myspace and FAcebook!! That's how we got rid of them in less than 2 weeks!
    Anonymous

• Call a no kill shelter in your area and ask if there are adoption events around town. This way the people adopting the dogs will be somewhat screened.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I agree with the PP's. Be very careful when posting an ad. You can also use craigslist.com and Freecycle.org. Good luck!
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Pet Stores sometimes buy them from you. Either that or try craigslist.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:56 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Take the time and be cautious who you adopt out too. Make sure to ask for an adoption fee as well. Puppies should not be given away for free. It is your right and your duty to see to it that these pups get the best homes available whether they are mutts or purebred. Ask for their Vet references and call to make sure they are responsible. If they haven't had a pet in for a few years and currently own one, this is a red flag, do not adopt out to them. Good luck.

equusvetgal

Answer by equusvetgal at 1:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I agree always charge like $50 people will adopt free and take it in to a reasurce place and get payed 50 or us it as a bait dog.
    Anonymous