Has anyone had severe problems with there signifcant other/break up during there pregnancy?

My boyfriend, recently broke up with me. I'm 27 weeks pregnant with our baby girl. He says it has nothing to do with me being pregnant, but we didn't start having problems in our relationship until after I was three months pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you believe him I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah I've had lots of issues with my former SO. Christmas eve he tells me that while he was gone for a month right after I got pregnant he slept with another woman and she is due in June. 1 month after me. We continued to talk and whatnot...not really together, but not seeing others..or so I thought. He went to jail on the 6th and I got a text from his girlfriend in another state saying he was in jail and telling me that they had been together since Aug 11. That would be 2 days...yes 2 days after I conceived our daughter. Needless to say the POS is out of our life now and my kids and I can be happy without having a worthless sh*t head. The best thing I got was my daughter who will be here in a few short weeks.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 11:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Pregnancy can be scary... Hormones, a lifetime of responsibility, changes in the body, responsibility and oh yeah- RESPONSIBILITY!

That can be a scary thing... Maybe he is scared- but what about you? This is HIS and YOUR child. Don't let him run off. Even if you are not together any more- remind him that he is RESPONSIBLE for caring for this child. No. Matter. What.

Good luck.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think that HistoryMAMAX3 has a great point!! Dont let him get away with just walkin away it takes two! Good Luck Hon!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'm so sorry you're going through this. It must be very difficult.

I don't mean to sound rude when I say this, but this is what happens when you choose to bear children out of wedlock. If you ask any honest man (and I just heard a very interesting statistic on this), most will say that the reason they don't get married anymore is because they don't have to. When we choose to live in a state that is designed for a married couple, these things can easily happen. The man thinks he has no responsibility since he can easily "get out" of the relationship. Divorce is significantly harder than just "breaking up".

I rarely answer anonymously, but I'm sure I will get bashed for the cold, hard truth and I prefer to keep my inbox clear of junk.

Just because he's left now though, doesn't mean that he isn't still going to be held responsible. Make sure he knows that.

((hugs)) I wish things hadn't turned out this way for you. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I got pregnant in September of '05. In November of '05 my boyfriend left me for his ex. I found out I was pregnant in February of '06(I was still having a period, long story really.) We didn't end up back together until my son was a month/two months old. It took time for him to come around. Yours might just have cold feet. Kinda basically the same thing as getting married. Well good luck. Keep in touch with him. He might just change his mind.... =] I hope things get better for you momma =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:28 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• you're right anonymous commentor about WEDLOCK. The only point you're proving is that it's harder for a man to get out of a marriage (thus chances are he'll stay longer and it'll only hurt worse down the road bc he can't afford it) then it is to break up (which is obviously $$free) Give me a BREAK!! Who wants to get married to the wrong person just because of a child?? Who EVER said that a woman is not strong enough to raise a child on their own very well and have their own enriched life, or even perhaps meet the real person for them! You should do what your heart tells you. I've never known my real dad and i look up to my mom just that much more for raising me and my younger sister!! It takes a strong lady to give birth, an even stronger woman to raise a child, and the strongest to decide what is best for [HER] and the baby. You can do it! Remember it's about YOU and your [BABY] being happy no matter what! =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I got pregnant this last Christmas, and found out FOR SURE January 22nd. The 30th of January I found out that my husband we will be married for 2 years in September was cheating, even after he knew we were having a baby, it is our first one. But mines a little bit different, he wants to be their. Even if your ex doesn't want to be there. Have him pay child support.
    pixielsmurf

Answer by pixielsmurf at 3:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2009