Pulling My Hair Out

So my 4 mo is ALWAYS pulling my hair. When I pick him up immediately his hands go for my hair. He just grabs it and yanks. When we are in bed he likes to wake me up by grabbing a handful and pulling. Putting my hair in a ponytail or bun doesnt work either. (And since im already losing my hair due to post partum hair loss--this isnt helping, I'll be bald by the time hes 1! lol) I try to take my hair out of his hand but it doesnt work. Hes only 4 mo so I cant really say "No dont do that". Any advice/ideas?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well at a young age its not like you can disciplin! I have long dreadlocs and my 6 month old does the same thing. I just keep it back in a pony tail or up on top of my head.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Not really sure, but I think I would handle it the same as I would biting at that age. Put him down and walk away for a minute. Every time he does it, put him down again. It's basically a time-out. You can't explain to him what's happening, but in time he'll get the idea.
    OrangeUglad

Answer by OrangeUglad at 11:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• When my son was about that age, I put my hair up on the top of my head and purchased a stylish head wrap/bananda-like thing that I could tie around my head and keep some of my hair covered, especially the strands that would fall around my face. That did the trick. I found them with the regular hair products.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2009