Need help with baby names!

My husband and I are having trouble thinking of names for our baby. We want something meaningful that relates to our story. In 2007 I was pregnant but at 7 weeks I had a miscarriage which was pretty hard on us. That baby was due on 8/20/08. I am now pregnant again and this baby is due on 8/20/09. For various reasons we believe that is no coincidence but a gift from God. If you know any names that would fit our situation please comment! We don't know yet if it's a boy or girl so all suggestions are welcome.

MrsBrintae

Asked by MrsBrintae at 12:03 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's really really interesting--ask your priest or pastor about that one!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Michael for a boy, for the Arc Angel

Francis for a boy or girl for St. Francis of Assissi

Ivan- Gift of God

Dorothy- Gift of God

Nathaniel- Gift of God

Elizabeth- God's Promise
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:09 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Well, I am partial to my middle name: Renee & I think it would be fitting because it means rebirth. I'm not sure if that the kind of thing you were thinking of..but, HTH! Also, some baby name sites have a reverse meaning look up  where you can put in a meaning/word & it will find a name that means the same, FYI, in case you didn't know. Good Luck on the name selection, I'm very happy for you!

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:11 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• wow that is an amazing story! Tiffany for a girl it means appearance of God
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Jan and John (Ian as well) mean God's Gracious Gift or God is Gracious
    as well as Jana, Janae, Janelle, Janette, Janet, Janika. Janina & Janine are diminutive forms of Jana and Jane.

Anne means Gracious

Johnathon(Jonathon) means God has Given.

other forms of Jon/John and Jonathon are: Jonco, Jonty, Jono and Jones (Jones means Son of John)
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:23 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• One of my friend's first son was stillborn- when she had her second son, she named him Phoenix because the legend of the phoenix states that the phoenix must die in order to be reborn. She was honouring her first son's life and honouring the fact that his death allowed his brother to be born. Congrats on your upcoming baby- I know firsthand how much pregnancy loss hurts and wish you all the best!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Joseph, Benjamin, & Samuel were all given as gifts from God to their mothers after a lot of prayer.
    Matthew & Theodore also mean gift of God (divine gift)
    Zachary means remembered by the Lord

Hannah means grace of God
    Mary & Molly mean bitter as in bitterly wanted

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Chance...as in second chance.
    Eliana(in hebrew) means God has answered.
    Alana means precious
    Darin means precious present.
    Darrel means beloved.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:16 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• The suffix -el actually comes from the ancient Hebrew language and means "Of God." So any name ending in that suffix has a goddly meaning... Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael are obviously the names of Angels but are also rather safe bets when naming children.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009