Pregnancy after a d&c?

6 Weeks since my D&C had some spotting but went away could it be pregnancy i been having cramping aswell if imma start but no show i been having the same symptoms as if i was pregnant again just doesnt have sore breast and the waiting is driving me nuts ! If you got pregnant after a D&C please tell me how you foundout? Thanks so much for you answers means alot

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry about your loss. but honestly honey take a test. to me it sounds like you have pms and are going to start, BUT it is poss to be preg 6 weeks later. If you have ovulated, and had sex, its poss...go to doc and get a blood test.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No idea, lol, but that just reminded me. I'm supposed to start sunday.. GOD I HOPE I DO! lol! Good luck with your news when you finally get it!!
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 12:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• BTW, a D&C doesn't always mean she had a miscarriage. I had one after I had my second baby because she was supposed to be twins and the twin didn't form and my body didn't pass the second placenta. Sometimes placenta parts are even left behind from just having one.. May I ask what your situation was??
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 12:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I had a D&C cause i had a belighted ovum i was 10 weeks pregnant ;-( i also have tooken test but i had mostly negs and 3 poistive so i dont know im soo confused and lost if i dont get a period this week i'll do a blood test my ob said i should have a period by 6 weeks and no luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yes I know that a d& c can mean many things...I have had 6 in my lifetime...but as she is so concerned about being preg, i could tell by her tone that she had in fact lost a child...and I was unfortunantly right. :o( do not give up hope mom...I waited 14 yrs for this miracle I carry....
    ge tthe blood test at a doc, that cannot be wrong hon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• See a doctor for a blood test!! I was told after my D&C (for a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks) that a pregnancy test could show up positive for up to 8 weeks from the miscarriage and that blood tests were the only way to know if I was in a new pregnancy or if it was still just showing up + from the miscarriage.

I didn't end up getting pregnant again for 5 months after my loss and then had 3 healthy pregnancies :-)  Best wishes to you!!

SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 10:55 AM on Mar. 27, 2009