How did you tell you SO that you were Pregnant?

Nicole_Brown00

Asked by Nicole_Brown00 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i told him went i was 3 months he was not happy, it was my 5 baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I found out at the hospital because I had morning sickness soooo bad before I even missed a period. At the time he was living about an hour away and we were about 2 weeks away from getting an apartment together so I called him and told him we had an extra person moving in with us. He obviously freaked out and asked who and I said it would be him, me, and our baby. He automatically asked me to repeat what I said and then he went silent. I thought he was mad but I later found out he had started to cry tears of joy =)
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I took a test and smiled and he just knew lol cause i was soooo HAPPY!
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 12:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• oh man, i can't keep track. we're on baby #4 now. i'm pretty sure he was present when i took the test for baby #1.

baby #2....hmm....i think i wrote on the shower tiles that he was going to be a daddy again.

baby #3 i never took a test for.....the morning sickness gave it away and i think we had it all figured out by then.

and baby #4...hmm, that was only a few months ago and i can't remember. lol. pathetic, isn't it?
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Well my inlaws were visiting when I tested and I knew we wouldn't want to tell them yet, so I kept waiting for a chance to talk to him alone but eventually i gave up and went to bed. I had the test in the bathroom drawer so when he finally came to bed I told him to look in the drawer. He looked at the test and asked what it meant (he was just being slow...he knew I was going to test). So I told him it meant I was pregnant, to which he replied "Congratulations". Weird!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I freaked out when i took two tests and they were both positive. I got quiet, went outside and tried to call 2 of my friends, they weren't home. I cam eback in and he asked me if something was wrong and I said yep, sure is. He asked me if he had done something and I told him , " oh you've done something alright"! He asked me if it was good or bad and I told him that depends on how he looked at it. Then I got the two pregnancy tests I took from the bathroom, put them on the counter in the kitchen and asked him if he knew what they were. He said yeah, I said they're positive, you're gonna be a Daddy ! He started giggling, then he'd wipe his face, he'd giggle some more and then his knee's got weak and he had to go sit down. He still has both of those positive pregnancy tests to this day and our daughter will soon be 5 years old.
    Angie32Red

Answer by Angie32Red at 1:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i thought that tests only read for 24 hours after you take them??
    Anyways, i took the test just for shits and giggles.
    I've been on birth control since i was 15, so i thought there was no way.
    (i'm now 21)
    when there was a plus sign i immediately got the instructions again and called him to tell him we have news and a couple minutes later he came to the apartment and i showed him the two tests i took that were positive. we went to the store and got a digital one and when the word 'pregnant' came up, we both gasped, looked at each other, smiled, and we were both reassured by each other. how beautiful :) i love him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i had a job interview and they told me i had to take a pregnancy test for safty reasons, so i took my husband with me thinking i wasnt pregnant they called us into the back room and told us congrats i was pregnant, my husband cried and cried i thought he was mad or upset but apparently he wanted to be a dad his whole life we had never even talked about kids in the four years we were toghether as for braking it to his mother thats a differant story.
    Anonymous

• We were trying and I had two missed periods, which is normal for me. We were planning on going out drinking with my cousins over the holidays and I told him I thought I should take a test, just in case. He said no, I can't go taking a pregnancy test every time I don't get my period, because I'd be taking them all the time. He said I should wait until it's been 3 months. Well I took the test anyway while he was at work. I didn't think it was going to say pregnant because I didn't really have any other symptoms, but sure enough it did. When he got home I told him I had taken it and then I had this stupid giddy look on my face, so he knew. Then he went in and looked at it himself.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I took mine at night, and he knew i was testing, i tested every single day for 2 weeks straight before i got a positive. I finally gave up, and waited three days and took one on the third night. It was very faint, but I ran in the room, jumped in the bed and hide it from him for a minute or so kinda "teasing" him and finally handed it to him. He was freaking out and said "wasthat line there before?! " are you sure it wasnt there? haha and insisted that i take another test, and wanted me to drink water so i would have to pee again, i took another one that mmorning and a digital one that night, he was so excited, he couldnt wait to tell his family, or even his ex wife! haha
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2009